What is the definition of health & where am I on the scale?
The World Health Organization defines health as a “state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease…” To achieve a true state of health, the body, mind and spirit must all work together harmoniously. The Health Assessment examines the current state of the three main components of genuine well-being: Physical Health, Emotional Happiness and a Peaceful Mind.
CGI Holistic Health Assessment
Please examine and reflect on the statements described below and rate each statement indicating how strongly you agree or disagree with the statement. Rate each statement on a scale of one to five, with one (1) indicating strong disagreement and five (5) indicating strong agreement.
Significant Health (H) quiz statements include
- I am usually able to breathe naturally and comfortably.
- I have plenty of energy throughout the day.
- My body usually feels light.
- My mouth usually produces plenty of saliva.
- I sleep deeply and well at night.
Significant Happiness (S=Smile) quiz statements include
- I feel I am a happy person.
- I have good relationships with my family, coworkers and other people around me.
- I am an optimistic person.
- Even if I feel sad about some event in my life, I live with a positive, proactive attitude.
- I am proud to be who I am.
Significant Peace (P) quiz statements include
- I follow my conscience in all situations.
- I am certain that my life is meaningful and purposeful.
- I accept difficulties in my life as contributing to my growth.
- I am using my talents and abilities in a way that is fulfilling.
- I believe that my activities benefit humanity.
When you are finished determining your scores in each category, plot the numbers on the following graph below, marking your results for each of the three quizzes of health, happiness and peace. Then connect the points to create a triangle. The larger triangle and the more equilateral, the greater your overall level of health.
Download CGI’s Holistic Health Assessment below. Please note that depending on your internet connection, this download may take a few minutes or more to save to your computer.